One of my (if not my most) favorite things about the Internet and social media is the community it creates. So, I was extremely encouraged and flattered that one of my sweet real-life and blogger friends, Jessica Jones, nominated me for the Liebster Award!
Jessica, Keeping Up With The Joneses, writes straight from her heart and is so relatable as a woman, wife, mama, daughter, friend, etc. A recent favorite post of hers, Citizens of No Land, speaks on refugees and what she has learned as a missionary living in a refugee neighborhood. It is mind-opening (if that is a thing, ya know, like eye-opening) and makes you take a look at the topic in a new light. So, go ahead, click that link to her blog or follow her on Instagram, mrsjessjonesy, and see her influence from behind her keyboard and camera. You will not be disappointed!
Alright, now, what is this award, you ask?
It is an award given blogger to blogger to create exposure, connect and support one another. And it has been around since 2011!
There are a few, easy guidelines to follow when you are nominated for a Liebster:
1. Write a blogpost about your nomination, displaying an image of the award.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
3. Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked you in his/her blogpost.
4. Nominate 5-11 other new bloggers who you think deserve this award, and come up with 11 questions of your own for them to answer.
5. List these rules in your blogpost.
My answers to Jessica’s questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
At first, it was just sort of supposed to be a journal about my life and family for me to look back on. But, it turned into a medium where I aim to encourage, uplift and challenge whoever is reading to press into and rest in the Lord…where I find myself at daily.
2. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13 year old self?
Truly seek Scripture for truth and life… And believe it. Also, stop caring so much about boys.
3. What are three things you can’t live without?
Crushed ice. (Oops, this definitely popped into my head first!) Jesus. Jordan.
4. Cat or Dog? Why?
Oooh, tough. I think cat at this point in my life. Easier to take care of.
5. What is your guilty pleasure tv show or movie?
Haha, The Bachelor/Bachelorette.
6. Where was your last, best vacation?
Jordan’s family takes a vacation to the east coast every summer, beach house and all. It is not always rainbows and butterflies with 50-ish people in one house, but there are always so many beautiful moments. Whether it be the scenery or the heart to heart talks, I am always thankful.
7. Where do you get your inspiration to write?
I think it’s because I’m an introvert. It’s always been an easy outlet to write. I have time gather my thoughts and assemble them in ways I could not otherwise get out of my head or mouth.
8. What do you have for breakfast?
9. What is your best feature?
My empathy. I feel with, for and really deeply about people and their lives.
10. What would plan B have been, career wise?
I could never decide! I was in college taking pre-requisites for a medical degree (nursing or dental hygiene) when I got married. Soon after, Jordan got into nursing school, so we both worked odd jobs to support that. And then kids happened and well, yeah… I cannot imagine being either of those things now! Especially since I have discovered I have almost zero tolerance of blood or injuries. Like, cue major freaking out every time my children hurt themselves. Yikes.
11. Would you still blog if you knew no one would read it?
Yes! Although, it is SO easy to get caught up in affirmation from others.
The bloggers I’m nominating for the Liebster Award are:
1. Darla- Dear Darla
2. Jordan- Jordan Alderman
3. Barb- Barb Inspired
4. Ashley- Awaken Ashley
5. Erica- The Domestic Mustang
Here are my questions for my nominated bloggers:
1. What is your goal for your blog?
2. Cake or pie?
3. If you had to choose one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
4. What is your favorite gift/present you have ever received?
5. Do you thrive in bigger or smaller groups of people?
6. What is your favorite song right now?
7. You get home and walk in your front door, what do you next?
8. Fruits or vegetables?
9. What is your favorite smell?
10. What time do you go to bed?
11. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?
Thankful for your writing and willingness to share your life with me, ladies! Cannot wait to read your answers to my silly questions!